The Federalist Party
We've Set up what will be our Final New Fed Forums. These forums were previsionary and after hearing opinions and discussing it, we've decided to move. So follow this link, make a user, and start posting on the Brand New Federalist Party Forums!

http://w11.zetaboards.com/federalistparty/index/

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Federalist Party
We've Set up what will be our Final New Fed Forums. These forums were previsionary and after hearing opinions and discussing it, we've decided to move. So follow this link, make a user, and start posting on the Brand New Federalist Party Forums!

http://w11.zetaboards.com/federalistparty/index/

The Federalist Party
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's Going On With The Forum

+15
Paul Proteus
DarrelAnderson
SassukeSilent
Talio Extremist
Roper
CivilAnarchy
Jacksondr5
Oblige
Soren Nelson
nite hawx
Gnilraps
eliwood_sain
Leos111
Cromstar
Greene12
19 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

What's Going On With The Forum Empty What's Going On With The Forum

Post by Greene12 Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:39 am

Several hours ago our forum began suddenly redirecting to an older forum that was used by the Feds about two years ago. We were all pretty shocked by this, and had no clue what was going on. Few minutes after that started, the admin team noticed we had gotten emails telling us the the original fed forum has been deleted. Forumotion support was asked for help, and it was confirmed that our forums have been deleted.

The founder of the old forums was a fellow by the name of Feeney Madden, he hasn't played erep for a very long time, and the founder account has been dead for a very long time. However, Forumotion administrators confirmed that he logged in today, and deleted our old forums. We have no idea how, he isn't answering to his email address (My guess is that he never checks the address we have for him), and no one has spoken or seen him in well over a year.

We don't know why, or what motivated it, but the old forums are certainly gone.

This forum, although is has the same address, is brand new. I've set up these two boards (one for the party as a whole, and one for EZC to use) as a provisional measure. We may end up moving to a new forum provider, we may end up using this board, we may end up doing just about anything.

Losing the old forums means we lost a lot of history, but its not a complete loss. I believe it was generally felt that those forums had gotten extremely cluttered, and that a new look would be nice. Well, whether we like it or not, we've got a very un-cluttered and new looking forum now.

Our priority tonight is congress. Thats what we're thinking about, and talking about. Please, try to keep discussion of what's going on with this forum in this thread. If you would like to make threads about whatever is going on in erep, and generally make use of this area, go ahead.

If you've got questions, ask them in this thread, not on IRC please. We want a good record of people's thoughts.

No matter what, I'm still proud/horny, and we're going to tear it up tonight in elections. Remember to log onto IRC and vote!
Greene12
Greene12

Back to top Go down

What's Going On With The Forum Empty Re: What's Going On With The Forum

Post by Cromstar Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:48 am

I have a question, Greene12.

Are you colorblind, or just happy to see me?

Wait, that's not it. I'll try again after I put some shades on.
Cromstar
Cromstar

Back to top Go down

Post by Leos111 Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:49 am

I MISS MY STATS
also
inb4

Edit: Screw you Cromstar xD

Leos111

Back to top Go down

Post by eliwood_sain Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:50 am

I'm in communication with another former Fed. She will be trying to get them back if possible. I do hope we can recover them.

eliwood_sain

Back to top Go down

Post by Leos111 Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:53 am

Honestly I'm not liking the new look.

Leos111

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromstar Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:53 am

Its temporary, Leos.
Cromstar
Cromstar

Back to top Go down

Post by Leos111 Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:54 am

Cromstar wrote:Its temporary, Leos.

w00t!

Leos111

Back to top Go down

Post by Greene12 Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:58 am

Pretty much everything is temporary.
Greene12
Greene12

Back to top Go down

Post by Gnilraps Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:28 am

I am having a meeting tomorrow 1/26/12 with a web developer to discuss the possibility of a Federalist Party web portal which would give us not only a Forum but additional Web-based functionality. I am not making any promises, as I need to find out what this will cost.

I will report what I find here in the Forum.

Gnilraps

Back to top Go down

Post by nite hawx Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:31 am

Thank goodness this blue and white is temporary. Its Horribad!! I'd prefer the black 2 year old junk Razz lol
nite hawx
nite hawx

Back to top Go down

Post by Greene12 Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:32 am

nite hawx wrote:Thank goodness this blue and white is temporary. Its Horribad!! I'd prefer the black 2 year old junk Razz lol

Yeah, it looks awful. I got a logo up though!
Greene12
Greene12

Back to top Go down

Post by nite hawx Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:34 am

I saw, the sky blue and deep red just clash, doesnt it? lol
nite hawx
nite hawx

Back to top Go down

Post by Greene12 Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:37 am

I don't really know much about colors clashing >.>

I just know this current skin looks like arse, but its absolutely not permanent, we're just not entirely sure where we're headed from here forum wise (gnils post above ^ ). We've just gotta wing it for a bit. The big thing is, we saved this url address.
Greene12
Greene12

Back to top Go down

Post by Soren Nelson Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:57 am

It's a huge loss for the collective Federalist history. I cannot overstate what an opportunity this is however. We have a chance at a clean slate, and designing a forum that really serves our needs. I have every confidence Leadership is up to the task at hand. Thanks for all your work this evening!

Last edited by Soren Nelson on Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:54 am; edited 1 time in total

Soren Nelson

Back to top Go down

Post by Oblige Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:04 am

Soren Nelson wrote:It's a huge loss for the collective Federalist history. I cannot overstate what an opportunity this ism however.

A possibility that should be given serious consideration is a move to the eUSA Forums. With the removal of Pfeiffer as a member of the administration team, I know that many members previously expressed concerns about security, etc. would no longer apply.

Currently the USWP and NCP host their forums on the eUSA Forums server, the NCP as a sub-domain and the USWP on the forums proper. From my previous discussions with PiZ I believe that either option would be open to the Federalists.
Oblige
Oblige

Back to top Go down

Post by Greene12 Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:08 am

Oblige wrote:
Soren Nelson wrote:It's a huge loss for the collective Federalist history. I cannot overstate what an opportunity this ism however.

A possibility that should be given serious consideration is a move to the eUSA Forums. With the removal of Pfeiffer as a member of the administration team, I know that many members previously expressed concerns about security, etc. would no longer apply.

Currently the USWP and NCP host their forums on the eUSA Forums server, the NCP as a sub-domain and the USWP on the forums proper. From my previous discussions with PiZ I believe that either option would be open to the Federalists.

It came up, and none of us really liked the idea. We like maintaining a firm control on admins and other permissions here, we don't really want admins who aren't feds, or who aren't answerable to our PPs. The loss of control just doesn't seem palatable. The idea came up, was seriously considered, and didn't go anywhere really, and besides, we like having our own forums :3

Its still an option, but I think its the least likely option we'll be taking right now.
Greene12
Greene12

Back to top Go down

Post by Oblige Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:15 am

Greene12 wrote:
It came up, and none of us really liked the idea. We like maintaining a firm control on admins and other permissions here, we don't really want admins who aren't feds, or who aren't answerable to our PPs. The loss of control just doesn't seem palatable. The idea came up, was seriously considered, and didn't go anywhere really, and besides, we like having our own forums :3

That would all be possible with an eUSAForums hosted sub domain (like federalists.eusaforums.com) - the party would have complete control over the administration, etc.

Even if the Federalist Forums were integrated into the eUSA Forums proper, the Feds would probably be permitted as many regional moderators as would be requested, we would have our own member group(s) so that security could be maintained for EZC, Leadership, etc. thus maintaining a very high degree of control.

I think the biggest argument against having our own offsite forums is activity. After moving to the eUSA Forums the USWP saw more registrations in 3 days than they ever saw on their offsite forum, and from what I've heard their activity is up nearly 50 to 70% - and they cut down the number of boards they have tremendously.
Oblige
Oblige

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromstar Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:16 am

Oblige wrote:

1. No offense, but the eUS forums, while better than the previous version, still aren't entirely newb friendly.

2. The fact that Pfeiffer ever even was an admin despite all the millions of reasons why he shouldn't have been speaks for itself.

3. There's no guarantee that the current admin team will remain the sole admin team, nor that they'll retain their current impartial attitudes.

4. We'd be subjected entirely to the whims of ownership outside our control. That's what got us into this mess in the first place.

5. SMF sucks. Deal with it.
Cromstar
Cromstar

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromstar Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:18 am

Also, it should be pointed out that the USWP repeatedly killed their forums on their own dime before transferring over. So their registration statistics are horribly skewed because of that. They could go weeks on end without new posts happening in any of hte public boards, including the members-only boards.

The Feds have a significantly higher number of active forum participants than the USWP has had in well over a year.
Cromstar
Cromstar

Back to top Go down

Post by Oblige Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:19 am

Cromstar wrote:

1. No offense, but the eUS forums, while better than the previous version, still aren't entirely newb friendly.

2. The fact that Pfeiffer ever even was an admin despite all the millions of reasons why he shouldn't have been speaks for itself.

3. There's no guarantee that the current admin team will remain the sole admin team, nor that they'll retain their current impartial attitudes.

4. We'd be subjected entirely to the whims of ownership outside our control. That's what got us into this mess in the first place.

5. SMF sucks. Deal with it.

> Implying Forum Motion is better (just look at this skin ffs)

- No argument, but he's not anymore

- Nope. Again, this could be said about the Fed Forums as well

- Again, this will be the same with Forum Motion

> Again, implying Forum Motion is better?
Oblige
Oblige

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromstar Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:25 am

>implying we'll be sticking with forum motion.

What part of we're still in discussion about developing our own forums did you miss, Oblige?

Pfeiffer's a good example of a certified fact: there would be absolutely no say in who the actual admins were. I <3 PIZ, but since he's NCP PP right now, I wouldn't want even him to be able to look into our stuff. Nevermind if we pissed an admin off in the future.

As for the point about the admin team...Fed party decides who Fed party admins are. That's pretty much they way it works. Not so on the eUS stuff. And even if we took our own sub-domain and had our own system, we'd still be dependent on PIZ for the servers. And party forums usually last longer than the national forums because parties have better role over on ownership. Only reason Feds are here now is because Feeny disappeared without handing over the keys well before 90% of the people here today even played the game. That's something that won't be an issue in the future because plans are already being laid to prevent it. Plans were in motion before any of this to begin with but they were pre-empted by Feeny.
Cromstar
Cromstar

Back to top Go down

Post by Greene12 Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:35 am

As for the skin, whatever forum service we use, we'll be making our own, kinda how the last forum had a specialized skin.
Greene12
Greene12

Back to top Go down

Post by Oblige Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:37 am

The current national forums are setup in such a way (donations for hosting, large admin team, etc.) that they can basically run themselves.

As for the admin team, it's selected by the mod team, which the Federalists would be a part of.
Oblige
Oblige

Back to top Go down

Post by Greene12 Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:42 am

Oblige wrote:The current national forums are setup in such a way (donations for hosting, large admin team, etc.) that they can basically run themselves.

As for the admin team, it's selected by the mod team, which the Federalists would be a part of.

We like to make up the entire mod and admin team, and having our own forums lets us elect the person who gets final say on forum issues.
Greene12
Greene12

Back to top Go down

Post by eliwood_sain Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:47 am

History serving me correctly, there were times when 4 prominent forums were hosted on the national servers. They also got DDoS'ed a lot, so there were times when parties couldn't use their servers. I don't think we want to run that risk of being on the same server as the nationals in case this problem arises in the future.

eliwood_sain

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next